The Future Midwives Alliance is forging its identity as an organization. It is a dynamic process and as co-founders we are in awe as we watch it unfold.
Guiding principles that have come clear so far include:
- Horizontal integration of unique backgrounds including but not limited to:
- age, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, length of time pursuing or practicing midwifery, route of entry, affiliate organization, etc.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders
- We look forward to collaboration with Midwives Alliance of North America, Leadership from Midwifery Today and Trust Birth, International Center for Traditional Childbearing, National Association of Registered Midwives, National Association of Certified Professional Midwives, Midwifery Education Accreditation Council, as well as any schools and or other stakeholders in the process of becoming a midwife
- We celebrate the unique value that each member brings
- We take the responsibility of educating ourselves in tolerance and inclusion
- We take a positive and creative approach to all situations
- We welcome support and mentorship
- We believe that student midwives as stakeholders in the future of midwifery must have a voice